Wednesday, August 21, 2013

An epiphany of sorts

I was chatting with my significant other the other day. 

She's been really down of late.

She's been having a difficult time finding a job

It's causing her to be down on herself.

It's affecting her self-worth.

She keeps calling herself a loser.

I keep telling her she's not a loser, that's she just feels lost.

I try to tell her we can find her, if she wants to be found.

I asked her to stop calling herself a loser.

In that moment,

I had a realization, a sort of epiphany.

In the last few weeks, 

After reaching rock bottom and deciding to grow up,

Be an adult, responsible for myself,

I haven't felt like a loser.

The constant tapes that played in my head,

Have either stopped or I can't hear them anymore.

In that moment, I realized something profound had happened.

I think I've gained a positive idea of self worth.

After years of hating myself,

I'm starting to tolerate,

Dare say, I like

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment