Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dead set on destruction

Is this all that I am?

Is this all that I ever can be?
 

I've tried therapy, quite a few times.
I'm currently taking two prescriptions to help treat my depression/mood disorder.
I have a lot of anger, but, I'm too exhausted now to rage and shout

Curmudgeon, cynic, pessimist
I have no "greater than I" to take my pain away.

So, what's left?

The wagon collapsed from under me.
The rabbit hole pulled with the gravity of a singularity.
And I fell in, hard and completely.

I hesitate to even bother mentioning this, let alone posting it publicly.
I've admitted worse, aired dirtier laundry.

For many weeks now, I've tried to tell myself that I wasn't letting my depression win again.
That my thoughts weren’t getting dark again.

Yet, I am and they are.

What finally helps the troubled mind to heal?

No comments:

Post a Comment